September 9, 2010

Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish mineral powder foundation

Hi peeps! I'm like finally i have time and mood to blog and i'm feeling better. :)



































Bought this after i read it from forums and a few make-up artist's blog. Been deciding for very long because i don't want it to be another disappointing buy. I have been seeking the best mineral powder that suits me so i went ahead to grab this baby.


















Packaging is slightly bulky but still ok for me, it comes with a puff. I bought their brushes separately.
Now i'm going to share with you what's so great about this powder?
Firstly, their packaging design - What's so special??



































1st- You need to grind the powder before you use, which mean you need to turn the dial and release the powder. This is so special and it helps to keep the powder fresh and away from bacteria infestation.You'll only grind the amount of powder you need each time. Because of this, you can slowly build your coverage from natural to full.
Isn't it great??

































2nd- I bought the brushes separately, it comes with a big and a mini brush. The mini one is cute, foldable and convenience to bring out for touch up. I just love the brushes, have a soft touch and it sweep the powder nicely and evenly onto my face. I don't really use the puff as it seems to clump all the powder together and my face look slightly patchy if i use it for touch up..

Shades?






















*Pic took from website.
They have a total of 9 shades, 01 and 02 seems pretty close for my skin tone. Personally, i think 03 onwards suits better on tanned skin.
Lastly, here's my review after trying out for a month.
I'm using shade 2 - which is more of a warm + medium shade. I was really having a hard time deciding between shade 01 and 02. *The ladies at Metro Paragon were very helpful and patient, they were busy serving other customers but yet never forget about me. Instead they asked me to slowly play around with the shades and brushes. hahahaa.. They don't sound pushy and hard sell. Shall shop at Metro Paragon next time! :D
I think i was there for about 30 mins deciding which shade to go for. OMG! I know it's very long but there's a few times i got the shade wrong.

Ok back to the review. The powder does not have any scent. I just love grinding the powder! :Pp I use it just when my face was recovering from a severe irritation and allergy which mean my face is in a very sensitive stage during that time. No irritation nor any redness so far(touch wood!) and it doesn't revealed or sink into the lines around my mouth(laughing lines) but as for my forehead, its still slightly visible. I would recommend using a brush when you are using this powder as it helped to cover(fill up) my pores pretty well.

Oil control is pretty good for me, could last me almost 6 hours.
I would definitely purchase it again, in fact i just bought 1 more (when i was in Bangkok DFS.)

Rating: A

I have done a video(for fun) showing you guys the powder and brushes, apologised if i looked crappy inside.
>.<

4 comments:

Skysweetener said...

I'm a big fan of this mineral foundation! I've been using liquid foundations only because I get this impression that powder foundations are cakey and patchy. But now I'm a total convert!

I know Spore DFS is selling this at SGD45, would you remember how much you got it at Bangkok DFS?

Vionn said...

i tried a few mineral powder before but none is as good as EA mineral powder! Totally love it!
:)

I bought it at 1130Baht, about S$49. Wow, so Singapore DFS is cheaper, then next time if i go holiday i'll buy more from there. hehee

Skysweetener said...

Same sentiments!

I'm using the everyday minerals flat top kabuki to apply this EA foundation.

Are the brushes any good? I am not sure if i should make the investment. =X

Vionn said...

I like their brushes, it feels really soft on my face but I haven't tried the powder using different brushes. I think if your kabuki brush doesn't leave any patches or gives an uneven finish then should be fine.

But if you want to buy, maybe you can try Sephora or metro(add them in your FB) as sometimes they will be having some promotions so will be cheaper. hehh