April 13, 2009

Foundation















Lancome Maquiliquide Moist Perfect Forever SPF 15/PA++
S$65 for 30ml

This foundation base is quite sheer but has a really smooth texture. It suits normal skin type (especially oily skin) and coverage wise is from light to medium. I'm using shade 55 and it's slightly lighter than my skin tone as my face oxidise easily. What i love most is it really gives a very natural look. I only use it on my lazy days. I will recommend this if you are going for a natural look.

Rating : 4/5

---------------------------------------------------------------














Clinique repairwear SPF15 - Around S$65

This was a gift from my good friend! She raved about how great this foundation worked after she tried, so she got one for me as she knew that i have laughing lines around the side of my mouth. This foundation was said to smooth fines lines instantly and keep your face hydrated all day. After i tried, texture is really very creamy and thick as compared to other foundations, it's more like a concealer than foundation. I wouldn't said that it smoothed the
lines instantly but somehow helped to minimize the appearances of the lines.
I don't know why my face looked oily especially around my cheeks and forehead after 2 hours. I feeled that i looked damn dirty and messy! Maybe it just doesn't suits me, but i didn't dump it into the bin. Now I only applied it onto my laughing line areas before applying my foundation.
Don't think i'll ever purchase it again and I was told by my friend that Clinique has discontinue this product in Singapore.

Rating : 2/5

---------------------------------------------------------------














Etude House BB magic Fresh Cool Mousse
with SPF 30 / PA++

I have idea how much this cost as it was gift from my bf's sis. She got me this when she was holidaying in Korea. I was quite excited as it was my first time trying out this BB mousse. Correct me if i'm wrong, BB cream is originated from Korea and it's known as Blemish Cream too. A lot of celebrities are using it as well and now it gets so popular with the ladies around the globe. Its a skincare + foundation + sunblock in one product. It not only helps to improve skin condition but is also a good coverage foundation. As this is a mousse so i have to shake it well before dispensing it out. I have no clue what shade i'm using as it is not indicated but this is definitely the lighter shade. I have to apply and blend it quickly onto my entire face as it dried out quickly. If not it will leave patches on my face which I'd need to use a wet sponge to blend out the patches. Quite messy.

On the bright side, It has a good coverage and my face doesn't oxidise easily. I don't have to keep blotting my face every few hours. As from what i know, this product is still not available in Singapore. (It is now available in singapore,Etude house just opened in SG.)

So ladies, try this out if you are heading to Korea or get your friends to grab it for you if they're heading there!

p/s: I just found out that not all BB cream contain SPF.

Rating : 4/5

---------------------------------------------------------------













M.A.C Studio Fix Fluid with SPF 15 - S$35

I don't remembered the price but it's definitely within the range of S$35 to S$39. I am currenlty using this and using shade NC20. I believed that almost all the girls had tried this before and M.A.C has been well known for backstage make-up. To me this is a medium to buildable coverage foundation and texture is very smooth. Usually i would use a sponge and blend it nicely onto my entire face. It lasted me whole day and normally i'd would just need to use my Lancome compact powder for touch up only.

Rating : 4/5

----------------------------------------------------------------














Lancome Maquicake UV Perfect Forever with SPF 20/PA++ 
S$60(refill only)

I was told by a beauty advsior that this two-way foundation suits best for oily skin, which mean you can use it wet as well. It can absorb more sweat and face will not tend to get oily more easily. I think i have been using this foundation for about 2 years or more. It has really fine powder and feels very delicated too. It gives me a very natural look, coverage is light to medium only. After few hours, it seems like I did not apply any make-up at all.

Rating : 4/5

No comments: